Current job openings at Expert Support
If you are looking to hire an API writer on a contract basis…
Senior API Writers **Now Interviewing**
Our goal is to have all the top API writers on the West Coast on our staff. We already have a bunch of world-class technical writers who combine deep technical skill with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. If you fit into this category, call us. We’ll make it worth your while.
Please send us a resume if you:
- Are good enough that you have considered becoming an independent consultant (or you have done so)
- Rite real good
- Write real fast
- Understand advanced software (the buzzwords du jour are RESTful application architecture, JSON, and Android development)
- Understand the problems software developers have and how to help them solve those problems
- Are an expert with some rich set of writing and presentation tools, such as FrameMaker, Word, some form of Wiki, some help authoring tool
- Know your way around some version control tool, such as Git, Perforce, CVS, Subversion
- Enjoy learning and working with new technology
- Are comfortable on PC, Mac, and UNIX platforms
- Know how to make commitments you can keep
- Have a sense of humor and aren’t afraid to use it
- Are adept at handling demanding customers
- Enjoy variety in assignments
- Have a set of samples (or can build some) that we can use to get clients for you
- Are very good at managing yourself and your time
- Can file weekly status reports that are concise and informative
- Can ask for help directly when help is needed
- Are willing to work continuously toward the goal of being one of the best technical writers on the planet
We’ll be even more excited about talking to you if you also:
- Have 2 or more years professional programming experience
- Have a deep understanding of object technology or programming language design (for example, you can argue with developers about object models and win)
- Understand principles of UI design and often tell developers why their UI is unusable (and are right)
- Are capable and willing to write docs of all types, like reference manuals, user guides, developer guides, tutorials, white papers, and marketing/sales materials
If you are ready for the world of independent consulting:
- Email a resume, and writing samples if you have them, to jobs (at) expertsupport.com.
- Sign up for our mailing list. Be sure to check the “Potential Employee” box on the signup page.
- Read “What’s it like working at Expert Support“
Note that due to the volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose skills are aligned with our current openings. We appreciate hearing from you though, and we’ll keep your resume on file for future possibilities.